DNA based species identification of fungal pathogens
Biotinylated PCR products are generated from sample material containing extracted fungal DNA. The labeled amplicons are hybridized to genus / species specific capture probes immobilized on the LCD-Chip surface. Following a short wash routine, comprising high stringency, visualization of bound amplicons is mediated by an enzyme-substrate cascade. Each LCD-Chip contains eight identical micro arrays separated in small reaction chambers. Each array can be addressed individually, allowing the parallel analysis of eight samples on one chip.
The PCR primer provided with kit are complementary to the well conserved 3’ end of the 5.8S and the 5’ end of the 26S rRNA genes, thereby generating an amplicon of ~290 bp** overspaning
the internal transcribed spacer (ITS2). Due to the high copy number of the target region and the short fragment length, the assay is suited for the detection of fungal pathogens in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue sections. (** species dependent)
Detection of fungal DNA from FFPE sections and cultured material 1.
A) Candida albicans (FFPE) B) Aspergillus fumigatus (FFPE)
B) Cryptococcus neoformans (cultured)
1) kindly provided by Dr. C. Schewe, CHARITÈ Berlin, Germany
* The Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) process is covered by U.S. patents owned by Hoffmann-La Roche, Inc. and patents owned by F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. No license under these patents to use the PCR process is conveyed expressly or by implication to the purchaser by the purchase of this product.
SlideReader Vers. 7.01
• Fully automated image analysis
• comprehensive data reports in HTML format
• fast & intuitive navigation
• multiple user accounts
• Transmission light scanner for LCD-Arrays,
• 10 µm resolution
• 16 bit grey scale TIFF images
CHIP Spin FVL2400
• Bench Top mini centrifuge
• 2400 rpm, constant
• Adaptor for LCD-Arrays
• incl. 3 rotors
Order Information Cat. No.
FUNGI 2.1 LCD-Array Kit, 48 Tests F-100-06
CHIP-Scanner PF2700 HS-500-01
CHIP-Spin FVL2400 HS-300-01
SlideReader Software Vers. 7.00.01 HS-200-01